I have other fitness goals to shoot for this year. I may not achieve them this year, but that's ok because I'll have fun trying. So, in 2008, I hope to:
- Improve my grip strength. I don't have a plan for measuring or tracking this, but it's more or less a requirement for several other of my fitness goals.
- Progress towards a planche.
- Get a muscle up.
- Hold a front lever (>= 10s)
- Hold a dragon flag (>=20s)
- Hand stand.
In terms of my martial arts (MA) training, it's an ongoing goal of keeping my I Liq Chuan (ILC, 意力拳) training consistent so I can improve. So my current MA training goals are to:
- Work through the 15 basic exercises more carefully. I need to start training and analyzing them more thoroughly in blocks of 3-5 rather than just trying to get through all of them.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the 21 form (二十一式). This involves my practicing the form more mindfully while keeping the 13 body requirements, 6 physical points, and 5 qualities in mind.
- Improve my butterfly palm (蝴蝶掌) form. I've got the rough choreography down, but now I need to work through the form the same way I'll be breaking down the 21 form.